Click on the map for more information
Municipality of Zelino
The total size of Cross-Border Area in the two countries is 19,969 km2. Republic of Macedonia’s regions account for 52.5% and Republic of Albania’s regions make up 47.5% of the size of the CBC Area.
The overall population that comprises the Programme Area is 1,427,675 inhabitants, out of which the Republic of Macedonia accounts for 54% of that number and Republic of Albania for 46%.
The length of the border between the both countries representing the Programme Area is 191 km. The border line is diverse: 151 km is land border, 12 km is border on the Drim River and 28 km of the border traverse Lake Ohrid and Lake Prespa. There are 4 border crossings between the Republic of Macedonia and Republic of Albania.
Geographical coverage and size of the eligible Programme Area flows from the previous IPA CBC assistance for Republic of Macedonia and Republic of Albania and covers three NUTS-3 regions in each of the countries.
The eligible Programme area in both countries comprises of a total of 6 regions and 44 administrative units as following:
The eligible regions on the territory of Republic of Macedonia include 3 Regions with 27 communes:
- Pelagonia Region, including the municipalities of Bitola, Demir Hisar, Dolneni, Krivogastani, Krusevo, Mogila, Novaci, Prilep, and Resen;
- Polog Region, including the municipalities of Bogovinje, Brvenica, Gostivar, Jegunovce, Mavrovo and Rostusa, Tearce, Tetovo, Vrapciste and Zelino; and
- South-West Region, including the municipalities of Centar Zupa, Debar, Debarca, Kicevo, Makedonski Brod, Ohrid, Plasnica, Struga and Vevcani.
The eligible regions on the territory of Republic of Albania include 3 Regions with 17 municipalities:
- Dibër Region including the municipalities of Dibër, Bulqizë, Mat and Klos
- Elbasan Region including the municipalities of Elbasan, Cerrik, Gramsh, Librazhd, Peqin, Belsh and Prrenjas,
- Korçë Region including the municipalities of Korcë, Maliq, Pustec, Pogradec, Kolonjë and Devoll.